TOP-PERFORMING GP practices have been recognised for their dedicated service.
Over 200 staff from the South Warwickshire GP Federation (SWGP) gathered at the Primary Care Awards event in Warwick which recognised the achievements of teams across the area.
Staff were nominated in eight categories. The winners were:
· Excellence in Medical Training Award – Castle Medical Centre, Kenilworth
· Excellence in Prescribing Award for Quality & Safety – Suzanne Stanley, Shipston Medical Centre
· End of Life Care Award – Sam Day, Clarendon Lodge, Leamington
· Public Health – Best Work in Healthy Lifestyle Award – Castle Medical Centre, Kenilworth
· Best Modernisation Award – Ben Evans, Kineton
· Nursing Team Achievement Award – Rother House Medical Centre, Stratford
· Administration Team Achievement Award – Alice Partridge and Wioleta Zak, Bridge House Medical Centre, Stratford
· Extra Mile Award – Dr Caron Bates and Dr Gareth Rowland, Lapworth Surgery, Solihull
SWGP director Jon Moll said: “We set up the awards two years ago as we felt it was important to recognise the hard work of primary care staff in the area. Often faced with significant challenges, our staff are constantly striving to deliver the highest possible standard of care for patients and these awards give us an opportunity to thank them and to celebrate their achievements.
During the evening staff and GP centres also donated £450 to both Shakespeare Hospice in Stratford and Myton Hospice in Warwick.
Mr Moll added: “We are delighted to have raised so much money for these two worthy causes. Both hospices play a vital role in supporting general practice and do an amazing job caring for people at a time of need.”
Visit www.southwarwickshiregps.nhs.uk/primary-care-awards for more information.
* OLDER people are invited to a meeting where they can find out more about pharmacy services.
Charity Older People in Action will be joined by a pharmacist at the meeting in Leamington on Tuesday (October 17) between 10am and 11.30am at Victoria House on Willes Road.
They will speak about the services available and when they can speak to a pharmacist in place of a doctor.
Refreshments will be provided at the free meeting.