By Kevin Unitt 08/06 Updated: 12/06 08:13
THE owner of a chiropractors destroyed by fire in the centre of Leamington has reassured customers the business will return.
A blaze destroyed the Park Street Chiropractic Clinic on Monday afternoon (June 4), ripping through the first and second floors on which it was situated. Thankfully it was not open at the time due to it being a Bank Holiday day, so no one was inside.
Simon Garstin, Co-owner of the family chiropractor business – which opened in 2005 – told the Observer: “It seems to have started some time over the weekend with a fault in an electrical cable on the first floor.
“This led to a slow burn that made its way into the floor joists, from which it spread and destroyed a large section of the floor as well as our two treatment rooms, reception area, a biomechanics assessment room and an x-ray suite.
“What wasn’t damaged by the fire directly has been subject to smoke and water damage, meaning that most, if not all, of the fixtures, fittings and contents are beyond salvaging.”
But Mr Garstin added: “We are already back up and running, in Kenilworth for the time being, and our phone number 01926 881883 is in operation as usual, via a divert. We are fully insured and hope to be back up and running soon.”
It was the second time scores of firefighters had been called the area in a matter of weeks, after a blaze just round the corner at Warwick Studios, also believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
POLICE have charged a Leamington man with arson
AMBULANCE chiefs say it was "remarkable" no one
A MACHINE to help spot early glaucoma has
GUERRILLA gardeners in Leamington have received The Queen's
THE YOUNGER generation recently took over the running of the ...
FORMER players from Villa, Blues, Albion, Wolves, Coventry and Walsall ...
THE FIRST phase of plans to improve on-site traffic flow ...