By Kevin Unitt 17/02 Updated: 17/02 11:29
A RESIDENT in Long Itchington has spoken of his shock over a fire which ripped through a home opposite his house.
Jason Forthouse watched the blaze take hold in Leigh Crescent just before 12.30pm on Wednesday (February 16).
Firefighters in three engines raced to the scene, one of them saving a family dog from the inferno, which took hold to the rear of the property. No one was injured.
Mr Forthouse told the paper: “All credit to the firefighters, they were there so quickly and that really helped to prevent even more damage to the house. Someone had said a dog was trapped inside so it was great to see it being brought out, and not even looking affected by what he had been through.
“No one seemed clear as to what had caused the fire but investigations seem to be continuing there and thankfully no one was injured, which is the main thing.”
A NEW annual festival of history is being
SPORTING students from Warwick University have been swapping
BATH Place Community Venture is one of Leamington's
THE MILLIONAIRE hit-and-run driver who killed a Harbury
HOUSE prices in Stratford district are among the least affordable ...
A LEVEL pass rates have been maintained by our schools ...
COVENTRY is set to be transformed over the next 20 ...
TWO YOUNG men who abused a police officer have been ...